Monday, June 30, 2008

Swimming Lessons

You will all be pleased to know that I registered the children in swimming lessons this year. A sweet young lady who is the daughter of one of the teachers at my school taught the lessons in their backyard pool. It was wonderful because the groups were small and she was so patient with them all! I am pleased to report that Princess and Superman will both put their face in the water without screaming like they are being killed, and they no longer cling to me like leeches at the pool. I actually got to swim by myself on the last trip to the pool because they were off playing on their own. They even went down the slide in the deep end! Now, there is still lots of progress to be made before they are actually swimming on their own, but this is a dramatic improvement from even just a few weeks ago!

Princess using her big arms to "swim" across the pool.

Superman swimming with his face in the water!


I can fly! This is just a happy picture. I love it! Superman is jumping into the pool from the side which is something that he had never done before.

Princess kept the dogs occupied during Joshua's swimming lesson. This is Sadie and LouLou. Bailey did not move from her spot to be in the picture.

2 comments:

Quiltermama said...

Loving the pic of superman flying!!!

brickmomma said...

great job, kiddos!