Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm a bandit!

I just went to Walgreen's and the cashier said that I made out like a bandit! I went in to exchange some barrettes and I owed .70 cents for that. But also bought 3 boxes of cereal that were 3/$5.00, but I used a coupon for $1.50 off of 3 boxes of cereal, so it was really 3/$3.50. I also got 2-24 packs of water for $3.99 each. Then I used my register rewards from my last visit ($5.50) and I owed just $8.41. Then, when I checked out, I received coupons worth $3.50 and a register rewards for $2.00 off my next visit. That means that I paid a whopping $2.21 (took off the .70 cents for the barrette exchange) for 48 bottles of water and 3 boxes of cereal. Of course, I have to remember to use those register rewards before they expire, but I feel that that was a wonderful shopping trip! Saving money is fun!

No comments: